This week, I came back from my blogging break for the month of April. I also started my new feature, Bloggers Beyond Books, featuring the graceful ballet-loving Emily! Her interview is linked below, and for more information about this feature, please check out this page.
What has been consuming my time lately? Well, video games! I finally joined Steam and I’ve installed my Humble Bundle purchases through it. As always, video games are pretty addicting, dear readers! Be warned!
On my shelf:
- The Chaos of Stars (Kiersten White)
- Code Name Verity (Elizabeth Wein)
- The Graveyard Book (Neil Gaiman)
Mostly standalones this week, all awesome! 🙂 I am in LOVE with the cover of The Chaos of Stars, which I found through Francine @ Always Lost in Books.
As a side note, I didn’t know Code Name Verity was part of a series! :O Can someone clarify?
This week on RMA:
- I reviewed The Last Continent by Terry Pratchett, and was amused by all the in-jokes about Australia.
- I talked to you all about scheduling posts, and was pretty blown away by how far some of you have already scheduled!
- I interviewed Emily from Reader Rising about ballet, with the inaugural Bloggers Beyond Books post!
- I reviewed Turning Tides by Mia Marshall. Her series was one of my favourite new fantasy series of 2013, and it was so good to catch up with all my favourite characters in this book!
Blog-o-plane, now boarding!
- Charlene winds back the clock with a post about medievalism in fantasy, with some pretty striking visuals!
- Briana discusses how authors can create successful romances, and hits all the points about the kind of romance I want to read about!
- Miranda asks about novellas, and when you read them. I’m usually so behind on things that the series might have already been finished by the time I find out their are novellas!
- Francine presents a fun gif-filled post with her feelings about cliffhangers!
- Leigh asks if publishers affect your reading choices. Not so much for me! :O
So how are you, my lovely readers? How has your week been? 🙂