Instead of just giving you all a “what happened in March,” I’m also going to start talking about what will be coming up in April. So how did Kindle March go for me? My goal this March was to clean out my Kindle, but that didn’t work that well. I have a few more books on my Kindle I didn’t touch because they were series that I didn’t really want to start yet, or I just wasn’t in the mood.
To help with this, I joined the Take Control of Your TBR challenge, and it really did provide some motivation. After a week or more of not reading any books at all. 😛
So, on to what happened in March!
I think one of my super major updates this month is I AM RUNNING A GIVEAWAY! 🙂 Please go check it out!
- Matched series (Ally Condie): 3 stars
- Flight (Lindsay Leggett): 4 stars
- Suddenly Royal (Nichole Chase): 2 stars
- The Fire Horse Girl (Kay Honeyman): 5 stars
- Arcadia’s Gift (Jesi Lea Ryan): 3 stars
- The Memory Game (Sharon Sant): 5 stars
- Chime (Franny Billingsley): 4 stars
- Broken Bargain (Clare Davidson): 3 stars
- Scared by Starting Series: Ana the chicken!
- Attention-grabbing phrases: Sometimes, my eyes just zip to certain phrases!
- Brooding book boyfriends: Mama don’t need that drama!
- Playboy male lead: But I don’t want to go to the Bone Zone.
What’s Coming in April?
Well, my discussion posts for the month have already been scheduled and I’m currently working on writing more reviews to fill up the month of April. As mentioned in yesterday’s Weekly Digest, I’ve been looking at the series that I’m currently in the middle of reading. I made a list and split it up into current/future/dropped.
Current series are the ones where I’ve read one or two books, and am interested in continuing them. Future series are ones that I haven’t started, but am interested in starting. Dropped series are the ones I started, but am just not interested in continuing them. After posting my series post about NEEDING to continue it, I’ve decided that my time is better spent elsewhere. 🙂
So, this April, I plan on finishing the series that are already complete (the books have been published and are available to me) and binge-reading series that I haven’t started but am interested in. Because binge-reading is awesome. 😉 I might sneak in a standalone in-between series just to take a break.
But what about reviews? Well, you know that I tend to buffer my reviews. The reviews that pop up on the blog might be of a book that I read weeks ago. It may be the middle/near the end of the month before the binge-reading reviews pop up. 🙂
So what series do I want to finish (and start-finish) this month? Well…
- Howl’s Moving Castle (Diana Wynne Jones)
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians (Rick Riordan)
- Chaos Walking (Patrick Ness)
- The Iron Fey (Julie Kagawa)
- The Books of Bayern (Shannon Hale)
Second, I will be taking a little break from going around and commenting and making Weekly Digests in April. Why? Because I’ll be busy with some other offline things. Posts will still go up and this blog can run itself (and the giveaway will continue), but I won’t be able to reply to comments or comment on other posts. I might check in on Twitter, and I’ll still be reading.
Other than that, here’s to a series-filled April! 🙂